About Me

My photo
I love life. I want to make people excited about theirs, and try and help people find the humor in everyday circumstances. We only live once, why not try to make each day great?

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Elmo!!

My wonderful daughter is now at the age where she's starting to enhance her communication skills... and trying to repeat what is said when she is in earshot....
this being said- I have to share with you my "first" of the toddler misunderstandings...
so yesterday morning we were sitting down to breakfast. Breakfast at our house is our family sit-down meal because of Eva's "no tolerance" policy for a delay time for cooking dinner- and with my husband working until 9:30 a lot... breakfast is our family time.
So we're about to eat and we say our prayer.. and I say "amen".
Eva thinks that I said "Elmo".... and she gets so excited she screeches "MMEEEELLLLMMMOOOOOO"..... and continues to express her excitement for the fact that mommy said "elmo" during the prayer... and she says "melmo" about fifteen more times while she's eating... all while having a huge grin on her face...
It was probably one of the funniest misunderstandings I've encountered...
It's the little things in life that make each day amazing. :)

0 comments: