About Me

My photo
I love life. I want to make people excited about theirs, and try and help people find the humor in everyday circumstances. We only live once, why not try to make each day great?

Friday, June 12, 2009

Friday afternoon lull...

Maybe it's the abnormally wet, less than warm weather that's causing me to be more pensive than my usual... but with my little girl's second birthday around the corner- I can't help but be a little reminiscent of the past couple years.

I feel like I've come to a time in my life where living day to day just isn't cutting it. I feel the need to forge ahead in many aspects of my life. Being on the verge of no longer having a "baby" forces you to deal with the realization that you're being looked up to- that someone who depends on you will be watching you constantly- and will start to look to you for ideas and support.

I've been thinking more and more about various volunteer work I'd like to become involved in... anyone who knows me know that I have vast array of interests- so trying to figure out the ones that make the cut is hard.
In my career, I'm finally at that "5 years experience" level that was so out of reach when I was right out of college. You know- all those jobs you were so frustrated with because in order to get on- you had to have experience... it was vicious, annoying cycle.
I'm feeling more empowered because I feel I'm finally contributing to my work... at a level that's finally recognizable.

The summer is here... and I can finally spend time outside again- although the weather here certainly hasn't helped. I love the time I'm able to spend at the park with my daughter, husband, and dog of course :)

I'm close to 30... and I've finally come into my own. I feel more confident, more attractive, and more capable than I ever have... I contribute most of that to a husband who keeps me on my toes (and who I love more than he'll ever know)... a little girl who is my world... and my family - who has enabled me to become who I am- and inspired me to think of the person I am becoming.

I'm getting ready to begin the book "Outliars"... I'm really excited about it because I'm ready to learn how to better engage my daughter... and myself.

0 comments: