About Me

My photo
I love life. I want to make people excited about theirs, and try and help people find the humor in everyday circumstances. We only live once, why not try to make each day great?

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

So I'm a Slacker!

Fine Fine... I'll admit- I've been slacking on the blogging side of things. However- I must say that I've got a dang good excuse... for those of you who know me- I am slightly competitive... FINE I'm EXTREMELY competitive- I said it OKAY. Anything that is capable of being won by me- I will try to win it. That's just how I am... with that being said... Jan. 15 I entered into a "fitness challenge" at the gym I go to- OneBoulder Fitness. It is a two month competition that basically pushes contestants to keep a daily food journal- and document everything you eat- keeping track of calorie values, protein content, carbs, fat, fiber...etc. I thought this was a fantastic way to channel my motivation for my lifestyle makeover. And well... It has been! The way it works is you start off with a beginning weight, total body measurements, body fat %... then you do a series of tests that supposedly test your "fitness". So basically- I've been working out 6 days a week now for about a month.. at my midpoint check in- I had lost 6 lbs.. almost 7 inches.. and my body fat % had decreased by 6% points. I was amazed. My endurance is better than it was in highschool... I was actually able to run 3 miles without stopping at the end of the first month- something I was NEVER able to do before... and I've been reminded that "round" isn't the shape of my face. Needless to say... been a little busy juggling being a mom, working and getting into "Hot Momma" shape :). However... I was reminded that this is such a healthy outlet for me. I'm really going to try and do better at it because I love writing.

My point today is that I'm happy with how I'm looking- and I really haven't been able to say that honestly in a very long time.
I've found out that I have a passion for helping people succeed. If the economy wasn't the way it was... you can bet your sweet butt I'd be getting certified to be a trainer and nutrition advisor. I love it and it truly makes me happy- while still being able to help other people.

However... until I'm able to seriously entertain that idea... I'm TOTALLY happy doing the job I have... which I love. Because like I've learned... you've gotta make the best of whatcha got.

0 comments: